Media Morsels 6.3.11
- Catch Me Videos
Catch Me if You Can's leading man, Aaron Tveit, recently stopped by Sirius/XM for a live performance. Via Playbill.com, I'm pleased to bring you these two videos. First, "Seven Wonders," followed by my favorite from the show, "Goodbye." Don't forget: The Original Broadway Cast Recording is now available on iTunes and from sh-k-boom.com. (And visit Broadwayworld.com for even more videos, these of the cast performing in Macy's.)
- Theatre Award Season Update
- Tony News: Tony host Neil Patrick Harris will be joined by his recent fellow Company company members, including Patti LuPone and Martha Plimpton, for a performance on the broadcast. (Harris, LuPone, Plimpton and others recently starred in a one-weekend concert of Company, backed by the New York Philharmonic.)
The Tony nominees gathered at a luncheon this week, mingling with one another before taking their class photo. Visit both tonyawards.com and imdb.com for photos.
- Theatre World Awards: These awards honor actors making their New York stage debut, and will be presented on June 7. Former award recipients like Arcadia's Billy Crudup (who received his TWA when he made his Broadway debut in the original Broadway production of Arcadia in 1995) and Jonathan Groff will be on hand to present the awards to this year's recipients, which include Hallie Feiffer for Tigers Be Still and Tony nominee Arian Moayed for Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo. Visit Playbill.com for more details.
- Emmy Awards
I know it seems like a long time away, but September will bring us the Emmy awards, and this week we learned that funny lady Jane Lynch will host the shindig. Tune in to FOX on September 18 to watch Lynch bring the funny and to see who in TV land is honored this year.
- Anything Goes Gets a Recording
Last week, I mentioned that Ms. Sutton Foster said there will be an Anything Goes cast recording. This week, it became official. Ghostlight Records (an imprint of sh-k-boom, which recorded The Book of Mormon and Catch Me if You Can) will record the revival cast, led by Foster and Joel Grey. Not exact dates have been announced, but you can look for the recording sometime in late summer. Visit sh-k-boom.com for all the details.
- Dig This
- Adam Godley, currently being hilarious in Anything Goes, filled out Playbill.com's Cue & A.
- John Gallagher, Jr., Daphe Rubin Vega, The Book of Mormon's Andrew Rannells and Nikki M. James and others will participate in Broadway Stands Up for Freedom concert, July 25.
- Jerusalem playwright Jez Butterworth writes about his experience with the play.
- Check out photos from last week's Tribute to Broadway at City Ballet.
- An erudite high school student stands up to
know-nothingRepresentative Michele Bachmann.
- Find out why Arcadia's Grace Gummer is so lucky. (Hint: It has to do with her handsome costar, Billy Crudup!)
- The Normal Heart extends 30 under 30 discount for all Thursdays in June. If you were born in or after 1980, pick up a ticket for any Thursday performance for only $30. You must see this important play.
- Best thing all week: