We begin, of course, with the fashion!
One of the big trends on the red carpet this year was the uneven hemline, specifically high, cocktail length in the front and low, floor length or longer in the back, as Modern Family's Ariel Winter (in Katherine Kidd) and Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss (in Dolce and Gabbana) show off, above. Another trend: cute couples! Check out Judd Apatow + Leslie Mann (in John Varvatos and Naomi Claude (I think...I didn't catch the designer's name)) and Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt (Hamm is wearing Armani, Westfeldt is in J. Mendel), below.
Below, my picks for worst dressed of the night. On the right, we have Kristen Wiig looking terribly casual; she looks ready to go to (or perhaps she's coming from) the beach - not to a glitzy award ceremony. I know she's a comedienne and Joan Rivers usually cuts them slack, but Wiig is trying to make it as a movie star these days and she needs to step up her game. And though it pains me to say it, Julianna Margulies is one of my worst dressed. She usually looks so good but in this get up, she looks like she's wearing a couch. Definitely a miss.
My best dressed, though, are Christina Hendricks and Tina Fey, above. In Christian Siriano, Hendricks looks stunning. The dress hugs and shows off her curves in just the right way, with a belt cinching in at her waist. Plus, the pale silver color manages to complement her skin rather than wash it out. And Tina Fey (in Vivienne Westwood) outdid herself. This is definitely her best red carpet look to date.
And now, on to the awards!
Outstanding Comedy Series
- The Big Bang Theory
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Modern Family
- 30 Rock
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
- Lena Dunham, Girls
- Melissa McCarthy, Mike and Molly
- Zooey Deschanel, New Girl
- Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
- Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation
- Tina Fey, 30 Rock
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
- Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory
- Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Don Cheadle, House of Lies
- Louis C. K., Louie
- Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
- Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
- Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory
- Kathryn Joosten, Desperate Housewives
- Julie Bowen, Modern Family
- Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
- Merritt Wever, Nurse Jackie
- Kristen Wiig, Saturday Night Live
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
- Ed O'Neill, Modern Family
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family
- Ty Burrell, Modern Family
- Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family
- Max Greenfield, New Girl
- Bill Hader, Saturday Night Live
Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series
- Dot-Marie Jones, Glee
- Maya Rudolph, Saturday Night Live
- Melissa McCarthy, Saturday Night Live
- Elizabeth Banks, 30 Rock
- Margaret Cho, 30 Rock
- Kathy Bates, Two and a Half Men
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
- Michael J. Fox, Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Greg Kinnear, Modern Family
- Bobby Cannavale, Nurse Jackie
- Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live
- Will Arnett, 30 Rock
- Jon Hamm, 30 Rock
Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series
- Robert B. Weide, Curb Your Enthusiasm, "Palestinian Chicken"
- Lena Dunham, Girls, "She Did"
- Louis C.K., Louie, "Duckling"
- Jason Winer, Modern Family, "Virgin Territory"
- Steven Levitan, Modern Family, "Baby on Board"
- Jake Kasdan, New Girl, "Pilot"
- Chris McKenna, Community, "Remedial Chaos Theory"
- Lena Dunham, Girls, "Pilot"
- Louis C.K., Louie, "Pregnant"
- Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation, "The Debate"
- Michael Schur, Parks and Recreation, "Win, Lose or Draw"
Outstanding Drama Series
- Boardwalk Empire
- Breaking Bad
- Downton Abbey
- Game of Thrones
- Mad Men
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series
- Glenn Close, Damages
- Michelle Dockery, Downton Abbey
- Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
- Kathy Bates, Harry's Law
- Claire Danes, Homeland
- Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series
- Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
- Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
- Michael C. Hall, Dexter
- Hugh Bonneville, Downton Abbey
- Damian Lewis, Homeland
- Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
- Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad
- Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
- Joanne Froggatt, Downton Abbey
- Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife
- Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
- Christina Hendricks, Mad Men
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad
- Giancarlo Esposito, Breaking Bad
- Brendan Coyle, Downton Abbey
- Jim Carter, Downton Abbey
- Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
- Jared Harris, Mad Men
Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series
- Martha Plimpton, The Good Wife
- Loretta Devine, Grey's Anatomy
- Jean Smart, Harry's Law
- Julia Ormond, Mad Men
- Joan Cusack, Shameless
- Uma Thurman, Smash
Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series
- Mark Margolis, Breaking Bad
- Dylan Baker, The Good Wife
- Michael J. Fox, The Good Wife
- Jeremy Davies, Justified
- Ben Feldman, Mad Men
- Jason Ritter, Parenthood
Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series
- Tim Van Patten, Boardwalk Empire, "To the Lost"
- Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad, "Face Off"
- Brian Percival, Downton Abbey, "Episode 7"
- Michael Cuesta, Homeland, "Pilot"
- Phil Abraham, Mad Men, "The Other Woman"
- Julian Fellowes, Downton Abbey, "Episode 7"
- Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff, Homeland, "Pilot"
- Semi Chellas and Matthew Weiner, Mad Men, "The Other Woman"
- Andre Jacquemetton and Maria Jacquemetton, Mad Men, "Commissions and Fees"
- Erin Levy and Matthew Weiner, Mad Men, "Far Away Places"
I just started watching Homeland and it's enthralling. This is a well-deserved win. Catch up now on the first season before the second season premieres on September 30.
Also, congratulations to The Daily Show for winning its tenth consecutive Emmy for Outstanding Variety Series:
All photos of winners are taken from E! Online's gallery.